Here’s how to make a group chat on Snapchat to talk to all your friends simultaneously. You’ll also find out how to manage group chats.
Snapchat is a popular and innovative social media app? Snapchat introduced many popular social media features today – AR selfie filters, stories, and geo-filters. It was also quick to offer group chat services to its users. With group chats, you can keep in touch with your friends and share information without contacting them individually.
How To Make A Group Chat On Snapchat
Creating and managing group chats on Snapchat is simple enough once you know where to start. However, snaps you send to a Group are not included in a Snapstreak with an individual Snapchatter. Keeping your Snapstreak with someone requires sending personal snaps.
Now that that disclaimer is out of the way let’s see how to make a Snapchat group chat.
- Choose the Chat icon in Snapchat.
- Add contacts to the group by tapping the New Group button. You can also add contacts to the group using the search field.
- To create a group, tap New Group Name.
- Click Chat with Group to start.
Also Read: How To Delete Snapchat Account
How To Add Members to Snapchat Group
Now you can add more people to the group chat. You can either scroll down through your contacts list or use the search bar to find your friends.
At this point, you can only add friends you already have. You have to friend people before you add them to your group.
Find your Snapchat friends here
- Allow Snapchat to access your contacts
- Find a user by their Snapchat name in the search bar
- Scan a friend’s Snapcode with Snapchat
Click on each of their usernames to add them to your group chat once you find them.
Also Read: How To Download Whatsapp Status Video
How To leave or mute group chats on Snapchat
A constant stream of notifications from group chats can be distracting while you’re working. To silence notifications in such situations, mute your group chats. Alternatively, you can leave a group chat if you don’t like it. To do so, follow these steps:
- Select the group’s name or icon in the group chat.
- Select the three-dot menu.
- Tap Message Notifications to mute the chat.
- Receive notifications only when someone mentions you.
- Mute all notifications with Silent.
- Tap Leave Group to leave a group chat.
- Confirm by tapping Leave.